Today was a very stressful day. With the weekend coming near and assignments starting to pile up, my workload was at a maximum. Despite working hard all day and all night, I still need to wake up early to complete my assignments. I really want to figure out a way to stop time, since it seems to be ticking faster and faster. I am starting to stress out that there is not enough time for everything, that there is always something else that needs to get done. With these stressful thoughts running through my mind, I did have one thing to look forward to this evening: the return of NFL!!
Football is back and I could not be more excited. Every Sunday, I plop myself on the couch and watch football all day. This is my favorite day of the week and time of the year. I truly cherish the 17 weeks of football and treat Sunday as if it were a holiday. I know this might sound creepy or extreme, yet its true. In fact, call it whatever you want. I will be the first one to admit you are right and that I am a football fanatic.
There is something about watching these grown men battle it out on the field that really relaxes and entertains me. Each player puts everything on the line and, especially with HD television, you can see the emotion through the screen. It amazes me how much technology has advanced and how I am able to see the arm hairs or drops of sweat on the players. I feel like I am at the staying. No, even better. I feel like I am in the game. I get so into the game that I begin to feel the emotions of the players and sympathy for them when they make a mistake.
For instance, in tonight’s match, the defending champions Pittsburgh Steelers played the Tennessee Titans and the Steeler’s best Wide Receiver nearly blew the game. With fifty seconds left on the clock, Hines Ward fumbled the football when they are inches away from scoring. This mistake forced the game to enter overtime and, luckily, the Steelers were able to find a way to win. I was so excited when the Steelers won and was rooting for them the whole time. This is odd since I am a Cardinals fan and the Steelers beat Arizona last year in the Super Bowl. Yet I wanted Pitsburgh to win simply because I felt sympathy for Hines Ward. Regardless of whether they won or not, it is clear that he would receive torture from ESPN and other sport’s analysts. Yet, if the Steelers had lost, he would have been criticized about this mistake for the rest of the season. Instead, his team still got the “W” and, at the end of the day, is all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment