Today sucked. I had class until 8 pm. This is my least favorite night of the week. I hate when my night does not start until so late. By the time I walk home, make dinner, shower and do all the other necessary things, it is well after 10 and I have so much work still to do. There is never enough time in the night to complete everything you need or want to do, so when your night does not start until after 10, there is seriously no time. Especially after such a long day of work and classes, the last thing I want to do is start my work this late at night. ANYTHING sounds better, I mean anything.
This semester I had the opportunity to take an easy workload since I had finished all my classes and am waiting to be accepted to Eller for next semester. With this said, I could have done what a few of my friends chose to do and basically just take the semester off. However, this was not the right choice for me. Instead, I thought about what I could do this semester to benefit myself in the long-run. I decided getting an English minor to go along with my business degree would be the best choice I could make. I do not regret this decision, yet I was unaware to the amount of work I was getting myself into.
Taking one English class is demanding for writing is something that must be practiced everyday to see the results. Taking five English classes is even more demanding. Everyday I have another assignment due or another paper I could be writing. If I did not constantly make myself check lists or keep a schedule I would be unable to stay on track of all the assignments. But, I have learned that as long as I list what I need to achieve each day of the week, then it is not an impossible task and rather a rewarding one. I feel like my writing skills will significantly improve by the conclusion of this semester as I am learning many different techniques and styles in all my classes.
Writing, despite being one of my favorite passions, is stressful. I put so much thought into each one of my papers that my brain overheats. I am really starting to feel the pressure of my courses and know that this will be one of my most challenging semesters of college. I am ready for this challenge and have excelled so far. I have not received lower than an A on any of my papers. While I expect this trend to not last the entire semester, this is a great sign to me that I made the right decision and can handle the task.
So, here is what I have to say to the stress: BRING IT ON!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment