Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Entry 27

Wednesdays: the middle of the week; the hardest day to wake up. It is 5:00 pm right now and I am exhausted. My lack of sleep is starting to catch up on me and is going to continue to become an issue until the weekend. Luckily, I only have one class tomorrow (your class,) so I will have the opportunity to relax and catch up on some sleep. My weeks are scheduled so that I am swamped Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For each one of these days I have a night class that takes place once a week for 2 and a half hours. Mondays I end at 5:30, Tuesdays at 8:00 and Wednesdays at 6:30. By the time it hits 6:30 on Wednesdays, I know my week is nearly over and that I will have time to complete all remaining assignments.
Tonight I have to work on my Commonplace analysis rough draft as well as complete an essay for one of my classes on Friday. I will be out of town this weekend and must have this essay complete to turn into his mailbox tomorrow to avoid receiving deduction in points. This weekend I will be going to Mexico! More specifically, my fraternity, Alpha Epsilon Pi, is having our formal in Rocky Point. We are staying at hotel del sol and spending the weekend partying and relaxing. I am very excited for this trip yet understand I need to get things done before it in order to stay on track in my courses. The thought of Mexico has been getting me through this week since I know I will be rewarded Friday. We did this trip last year to Mexico (we went to San Carlos instead of Rocky Point) and it might have been the best memory out of all my college experiences. What is better than hanging out by the pool and beach, drinking (legally) with your closest friends and spending time just enjoying life? I couldn’t think of anything better and am thrilled to have another memorable experience in Mexico.
As I am almost at the end of this blog, I am beginning to realize again that I need to complete that essay tonight. This blog has served as my distraction from getting started on this assignment, yet I know I cannot procrastinate much longer. Knowing that I will be boarding a bus for Mexico within 48 hours is enough motivation for me to complete this essay before leaving. I want to not have anything to stress about while there; I mean ANYTHING. I have been working non-stop and am excited for a break from reality. I am realizing that there is never enough time in life to accomplish the things you want and achieve all your desires, so moments such as these must be cherished. These are the moments that you will remember at the end of the day, month, year and your lifetime. These are the moments that will be shared with your children and grandchildren. These are the moments I live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment