Today was a more relaxing day. I had an appointment with an Eller advisor at 1:00 to discuss applying to the business school in a few weeks. She got me really starting to think about my future and what I want to do with my life. I am applying for a major in Management Information System since I know that this school has a great reputation for this major and I am very computer-savvy. With modernization and technology bringing businesses to new levels, MIS graduates will be needed to make bridge the gap and connect businesses with technology. I read an article that MIS majors have the second highest average starting salary out of all business majors.
Besides for the major’s reputation, I have decided on MIS because I am a problem solver who loves to find the solution to difficult situations. Also, I have experience with many computer programs that will help me in these classes. There is a statistic that the demand for MIS students will continue to increase through the year 2014 due to the direction our economy is heading regarding technology and information databases.
If I am convincing you I know that I want to major in MIS and follow that career path than think again. I have no clue what I want to do with my life still and what career I want to choose. I hope to continue learning my passions through taking classes and developing a strong academic background that will help me excel in the real world.
I am very thankful I had an open semester this fall to take classes towards a minor that interests me. After really thinking about my true passions, I realized that I truly enjoy writing and wanted to take classes that would further develop my writing skills. This is just what I did. I am now declared as an English minor student and am taking five ENGL courses this semester. While the workload is tough and I am constantly reading or writing, the challenge is rewarding. I enjoy the work I am doing and enjoy spending my time writing.
My meeting with an Eller advisor made me realize that I am excited to be graduating the University of Arizona from the Eller business school with a minor in English. Without having strong writing skills, I would never be able to become the successful businessman I am striving to become in the future. Having this minor gives me a little edge over my competitors and will allow me to have confidence writing material for a business in the future. It is one thing to be able to express your ideas and proposals by mouth; it is another to be able to convince the company on paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment