Friday, September 25, 2009

Entry 22

I. Experiences in work:
a. Internship
b. ProofGenie
II. Experiences in classes
a. 7 A’s in a row.
b. Taking 5 english classes for English minor
c. Never received less than A on Math 115A or B project
III. Various activities providing me with skills and qualities:
a. Proofgenie
b. AEPi
a. Baseball captain
b. Rush committee
c. Real Estate
a. Leadership
b. Ability to find answers to any questions or tasks
c. Confidence speaking in public and sharing ideas
d. Press releases (show example)
IV. Examples of teamwork:
a. Math projects
i. Always divided up projects well, met regularly, never got less than an A.
i. One time I had a kid in my group who could hardly speak English. I spent a few hours with him the night before our presentation teaching him how to read his slides properly. He did great!
b. Proofgenie- worked with my partner
c. Internship – assisted anywhere that the office needed help
d. Koreh La – teach students to read and build confidence for life!
V. Examples of leadership:
a. Math projects
1. Proofgenie (employees, getting our license, etc.)
2. Real Estate (recycling program, press releases)
3. Koreh LA
VI. Examples of motivation
1. Partner doubtful about starting up proofgenie
2. Self-motivation (deciding to take 18 units, 15 english, instead of just a trad)
VII. Short term/long term career goals
a. Short term- Expand proofgenie
i. Get the best education possible with the highest grades
ii. School is my priority
b. Long Term- Still unsure, yet very have an Entrepeurnial mind and hope to own my own business. Hopefully proofgenie excels and becomes a life-time project
VIII. Reason for selecting major
a. At first I was hesitant. I viewed MIS as a major for unsocial tech geeks, spending all the time on a computer in the basement. After researching more about the major, I really enjoyed how it combined the technical and managerial aspects of business. I always want to put myself in an advantage over other potential candidates. Students who graduate with an MIS degree have a distinct advantage entering the workforce since they develop both technical and managerial skills. Due to the increasing demand in the IT field, I desire to learn the capabilities of technology in order to make my company more competitive and efficient. Also, I have a growing passion for Entrepreneurship and am confident that the MIS program will provide me with the suitable skills necessary to manage my own company
IX. Individual contribution to cohort:
a. Leadership. Problem-solving skills. Determination. Motivated. Strive for excellence. Sociable. Easy to communicate with

No comments:

Post a Comment