Monday, September 21, 2009

Entry 18

This is going to be a long week. In almost every one of my classes I have a paper due. To emphasize how much work this is, I am taking 18 units, 15 units of English. Therefore, I have five papers due this week (luckily one of my classes I had a paper due last week). I will be writing an essay every night of the week.

Luckily, I love writing! While I do not like writing under pressure and with very little time to finish the assignment, I enjoy writing and tackle each assignment like it is a puzzle or game. I get so enthralled with my writing that I enjoy it. Seeing my opinions and thoughts be expressed on paper in the exact way I want to express them is very exciting to me. Having the ability to communicate yourself verbally is one thing; being able to communicate yourself on paper with conviction is another. I put the time into each assignment to make it my own and meaningful to me. Also, I take each assignment as a learning experience and another opportunity to improve my writing skills. I hope to be a very successful businessman in the future and having strong writing skills will give me an edge over many competitors.

If I did not enjoy business, I would become a writer. I still think that if money was not an issue and I could spend my whole day writing, then I would be a writer. However, this is not the case and I am not a good enough writer to make a successful living. But I do know that writing is involved in every profession and that I will be writing my whole life. I want to combine my passion for business with my strong writing skills to determine my career path. I am also fortunate to have taken a variety of writing courses and have learned to write in different styles, techniques and forms. For instance, a research paper is vastly different from a personal narrative or a standard five-paragraph essay. While it may be obvious to some people, not everyone knows how different these assignments are. I am confident writing in a variety of ways that I am confident I will be able to handle any writing task in the future.

Last summer I worked for a Real Estate Company as a paid intern and learned lots of skills and lessons. What was the most important skill I learned was how to write a Press Release. I would write nearly a press release a day. At first, it would take me the whole day to finish one; by the end of the summer, I was finishing them within hours and able to accomplish many more tasks throughout the day. My boss was very impressed with my ability to learn and pick up on the specific format of a Press Release. All of my Press Releases were published on the company website and sent out for the public to view.

Writing will follow me my

No comments:

Post a Comment