Today was a long day. While my first class started at 10 in the morning and my last class does not end until 6:30 at night, I have a two hour break to collect my thoughts and compose this blog.
I have never written a blog before. In fact, I am not really sure what to write in this space. I have read other people’s blogs and it seems like everyone just rambles about what they are doing each second of the day. Am I supposed to just ramble on about myself and record every move I make? Sometimes I notice that people fill up their blogs with each emotion they feel and what mood they are currently in. Am I supposed to record when I am happy, sad, angry or mad?
While I understand that a blog is a personal space, I am not certain how recording my daily activities and moods will improve my writing. With that said, I am going to take advantage of this blog space to talk about matters or issues that are important to me and write about my standpoint. This will allow me to explore important issues and argue my perspective.
A lot of this class seems to be learning how to persuade people with your writing and write with more influence. In fact, for my “Noah’s Plan of Action,” my first and main goal was to learn how to write more persuasively. I came up with specific strategies that would help me achieve this goal. A large part of my strategy included taking advantage of this blog space and really trying to let my mind go and write freely.
So that’s what I will do. I am going to use this blog space as an opportunity to become more persuasive and convincing in my writing. The most persuasive writers and thinkers in the world are capable of convincing a large amount of people that even the most absurd opinions are correct. I want to develop some of these skills and be able to persuade people with my pen.
Writing more influential and convincing papers will add confidence to my writing and allow me to take my writing skills to the next level.
I also hope to learn to write more without structure in these blogs. My eighth grade honors English teacher taught me to write in a specific, structured form and this has stuck with me ever since. I am thankful for this since I developed important writing skills, yet it has prevented me from writing more creativily and, I believe, takes away some of my persuasive voice. When writing freely, a lot of the words that end up on your page are words that come from your heart. You do not have the time to think about things as much as you would like and are forced to write how you truly feel about a certain issue or topic.
Well, that is all for now. With this blog complete, I now understand what I need to be doing from now on to keep my writing mind active and alert.
See you tomorrow,
Noah
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment