Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Entry 6

Today’s Writing Prompt:

Dove bar soap: Brings about thoughts of cleanliness and rushing to get ready in the shower. Reminds me of many high school moments I had where I remember having that exact scent. Smelling this dove bar makes me think of all the other people out there that use the exact product and have the same scent. It reminds me of playing sports and coming home to clean my dirt off with this small bar of soap. Reminds me of moments of purity, healthiness and cleanliness. Makes me think that…

Perfume: Reminds me of the scent of a woman. Love, lust, sexual temptations, passion all rushed through my nose. I felt as though I had entered a dream, or a fantasy where all smells were as tempting as this one. Reminded me of how my shirt would smell after a night of partying, or after hooking up with a beautiful woman. Reminds me ….

Penny: Dirt, filth, yuck, scum, rotten. All the above came to mind when sniffing this penny. The color of the bronze circle has been tarnished and is quite dirty. This filth is unleashing into the atmosphere and creating an aura of dirt. It reminds me of the smell of my pocket, or the smell of something sweaty and hidden. It reminds me of something that does not receive enough attention and becomes abandoned and forgotten about. It reminds me of all the ugly smells out there that people try endlessly to avoid and not succumb to.

Fruit hand gel: Reminds me of a girl. A feminine smell; nonetheless, a very pleasing, stimulating smell. Smells like how I want my girlfriend to always smell or how I want to smell after a bath. Smells like complete refreshment and utter relaxation. Smells like something that overcomes all other smells and pleases everyone’s noses around it. The product is titled “Love Spell” and I completely understand why. As I smelled this, there was nothing else out there I wanted to smell again. I wanted to pursue this smell forever and make it my everyday reality.

Smells of my life that are gone:

1. Smell of my dog who passed away this past year

2. Smell of my grandmother who past away a few years ago

3. Smell of the ocean I grew up on in Massachusetts and went to every summer with my grandparents.

4. Smell of Barcelona and all the various people that crowded around the main street.

What would I give to smell again:

I truly would do nearly anything to have another taste of the above smells I mentioned. Smelling something brings about priceless memories and reminds us of the events that took place in the past. It brings up precious childhood memories, memories of deceased loved ones and pleasant, foreign smells that you will no longer be able to experience. Smells bring about life and I would pay anything to further enhance my life and feeling of aliveness. Smells are essential to ones existence and are a direct link to one’s memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment