Over the weekend I received some exciting news. Around 4:30 pm on Friday, I received an email from Eller Professional Admissions announcing that I have gotten into the Eller Business School of Management. I had been waiting for this day since coming to the University of Arizona. I have always pictured myself within the business school and had to wait two years to get in. It is a great feeling knowing that the waiting period and application process is now over and I can just focus on getting good grades again.
Even though I knew I was a strong candidate for Eller, it is still a nerve-racking process that forced me to often doubt myself. I kept thinking: What if I don’t get in? What if the interview did not go well? What if I become one of those overqualified applicants that gets rejected?
Well, all of these fears were eliminated upon receiving that email. Additionally, I received my first major choice of Management Information Systems (MIS). This is the hardest program offered within the business school and is ranked the number 1 program in MIS on many different undergraduate rankings. I know that this is going to be a major challenge for me, yet I am excited for it. I know that in a little over a year I have the opportunity of graduating with a major in this field and being placed in an advantage over other business school graduates who majored in a less demanding, challenging major.
Also, before coming to the University of Arizona, I knew I wanted to apply for the Entrepreneurship program offered at the school. I have always considered myself an Entrepreneur and was excited to get the opportunity to study the field. It helps that Arizona has a highly ranked Entrepreneurship program as well. During my interview, I found out that this program is looking for more MIS majors since they currently have none. This makes me confident with my decision to apply for MIS since it gives me an upper advantage to get into the Entrepreneur specialty program.
With this said, I am thrilled to finally be in Eller and on a specific track. It is very stressful being midway done with fall semester of my junior year and not having a major yet. Now, I can relax and let the school make my schedule for me. All that’s left is to now apply for the Entrepreneurship program. The interview takes place this spring semester and would apply for my senior year.
If all goes well, I will graduate Arizona with a degree in MIS, specialty in Entrepreneurship and minor in English. This would be a major accomplishment and a unique path that I am confident no one else at this school took. I am excited for the challenges that await me and I hope to tackle them with confidence.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment